St. Luke’s has been assigned the week of July 20-23 to help with Project Transformation. This year is different in that the students come to the church to pick up a take home bag with activities for the week. We will only need eight volunteers, two per day, to hand out bags. Other ways to help are by providing supplies for the bags or by making a donation through St. Luke’s to support the summer programming.
Here are the details:
• Create 70 “Summer Camps in a Bag” for the children at Centenary UMC.
Here’s the list of items for the bags.
– New children’s book (1) Mark the grade level
1st-5th grade (elementary)
6th-8th (middle school)
– Pre-sharpened pencils (1 pack)
– Silly putty (1 pack)
– Googly eyes (1 pack)
– Construction paper (1 pack)
– Glue (1 bottle)
– Snack (2-3 servings, no peanuts please). Examples: Pretzels, microwave popcorn, fruit snacks, granola bars, fruit cups, jerky
You can drop your items at church or email email@example.com and she will be glad to come pick them up.
• 2 volunteers each day (ages 18-64) to help with distribution at Centenary UMC, 11:30 a.m.-1:15 p.m., July 20-23.
Use the Sign Up Genius link HERE to pick a time to volunteer.
Once you sign up you will receive very specific instructions on signing up as a volunteer through PT and the orientation information with very important safety precautions that are being used this year.
• Contribute $2,000 from St. Luke’s to support Project Transformation’s mission to transform communities by engaging children, college students, and churches in purposeful relationships. Please send your contribution to the church clearly marked to be used for PT.
Thank you all for your support of this very important mission of the church.
Date(s) - Jul 20, 2020 until Jul 23 2020