St. Luke’s is a Partner Church with Project Transformation (PT).
The PT mission is threefold:
• Engage college-age young adults in purposeful leadership and ministry exploration
• Support under served children through a summer camp that helps children maintain and improve their reading skills and avoid the summer slump
• Connect churches to communities in need
As a partner church St. Luke’s supports PT in several ways:
• Provide $1500 support for one intern during the summer
• Provide supplies • Provide two hot meals for the interns.
• Provide volunteer readers Monday – Thursday from 9:15am – 12:15pm
• Supply the meal for the family fun night on Thursday.
• Pray for the interns, children & families served by PT, and the church & volunteers
Here are the specific ways you can help: Donate Money: St. Luke’s provide’s a $1500 stipend for one intern during the summer. If you are unable to volunteer your time this is a good way to support the PT ministry through St. Luke’s. Donations may be sent to the church marked for Project Transformation.
Donate Supplies: During the summer the program uses many supplies. The list consist of: Healthy Snacks, Art/Craft Materials, Sports Equipment, and Technology Materials. For a full list you can visit the website for a supply list. Donations may be placed in the bin marked PT in the north elevator lobby.
Dinner for the Interns housed at Christian Brothers University. St. Luke’s dates are to be determined. We will prepare dinner and drinks for about 18, served buffet style, at 6:00 p.m. each night. Dinner should be brought ready to serve.
Reading Volunteers We need 10 – 12 reading volunteers each day (Dates to be determined) – 9:15 – 12:15. Youth 13 and older are welcome!
Pray: A daily prayer as Project Transformation begins in Memphis:
In you, God, all barriers are broken. We pray for unity among Your people in Your ministry through PT Tennessee. We pray for unity in diversity, in brokenness, in growth, and in love. May all of us be transformed into Your empowered, unified people. All glory to You, Amen