The leadership at St. Luke’s UMC is excited to announce a return to in-person Sunday worship services beginning Sunday, June 21, 2020.
There will be two services
9:00 a.m.—Fellowship Hall. People with mobility issues are encouraged to attend this service. Nursery not available at this service.
11:00 a.m.—Sanctuary. A nursery for children ages 3 and under will be provided. The elevators will not be in operation.
Children are welcome to attend the services. Services will be limited to one hour.
Each service is limited to 60 people.
What You Need to Know
Your health and the health of others is our primary concern. Every step to ensure compliance with CDC and state guidelines for meeting in public places has been taken.
Specifically, we are taking the following steps to accomplish this goal:
• In the Sanctuary, rows will be marked to aid in social distancing. Chairs in the Fellowship Hall will be arranged to ensure social distancing.
• Only the doors located at the Hospitality entrance area will be open. The south entrance to the building will be closed.
• All items that can be handled by hands (hymnals, Bibles, offering envelopes, etc.), have been removed.
• Offering boxes will be located at the entrance to the Fellowship Hall and Sanctuary. Envelopes will not be available. If you wish to have Vickey Hobbs send you offering envelopes, please contact her at firstname.lastname@example.org.
• Worship leaders and church volunteers (greeters, ushers, assistants, etc.) will be wearing masks.
Consider This Information
According to the CDC guidelines, those at high-risk for severe illness from COVID-19 are:
• People 65 years and older
• People who live in a nursing home or long-term care facility
• People of all ages with underlying medical conditions (cdc.gov)
Based on the above guidelines, it is recommended that those who are at high risk for severe illness from COVID-19 worship remotely.
For those who wish to worship
in-person, we ask that you adhere to the following guidelines:
• Sit in groups according to social distancing guidelines of 6’ apart. We ask families to sit together and stay together as a family while in the building.
• Wear a mask prior to entering the building and keep it on until you leave the building. (We will have extra masks on hand.)
• All members are encouraged to use the hand sanitizers upon entering the building.
• When using church bathrooms, only one person should be in the bathroom at any time.
• Do not mingle in Hospitality Hall or hallways before, during, or after services. Please enter and exit quickly.
Please be as patient and encouraging as you possibly can. If you have suggestions or questions, please contact the church office at 452-6262 or email email@example.com.